- Saves 80% of Phosphor
- Increases Yield
- Utilizes humidity – no irrigation necessary
The Science behind SPEEDGRO
Based on 30+ years of Farmer Community study there needs to be a top down and bottom-up solution. In interviews with 100s of farmers there are several lessons learned:
- Farmers are resilient and really want to continue farming
- Farmers values for family are the same as for city families, but the more rural farmers tend to have larger families and the children are more home centered than city children,
- Farmers are more adaptive to successful patterns and are willing to change if money can be saved on cropping thereby allowing them more profit,
- Farmers will adopt change if their neighbor is doing to and they are successful,
- Farmer communities are more cohesive and collaborative than most urban communities, and
- Increase in income for Farmers translates to increasing the economy of Farming communities as Farm profits are spent in the Farmers’ communities and this prosperity rises whole communities.
- Farmers are dependent upon government supports
- Public Private Partnerships (PPP) is the best way to move the Farmer Productivity forward
By understanding the Farmer and creating opportunities for the Farmer that are financially and programmatically sustainable presented in a way for easy adoption with continuing education advances can be made for adaptation and adoption of new technologies that can create the necessary transformation in the field to create lasting change for the better. If the technology would be nature based and regenerative as well as more productive for the farmer, then change has been shown to occur rapidly. If downstream benefits to the ecosystem were possible then even better. On a resiliency basis if the crop was more nutritionally dense then there could be a life for the products with brand identity to not only allow for pull through from the farm to the table by the consumer, but also better for health of the consumers along the way, by eating better more nutritious food, health can improve and thereby ensure the cycle of easy adoption. If the products can be made price competitive the increase in production can be even better for widest-scale adoption.
Salvation Farming Solutions has perfected each level of the equation having a method to improve soils conditions decreasing drought effects, sequestering toxins and releasing nutrients for improved soil health, increase the growth rate of maize, improve the health of the maize plant to create better disease and pest resistance, to increase silage amount of the plant by double for additional farm use and value added to increasing the nutritional density by protein x400%, vitamin content x400% and carbohydrates by 375% (Diet controls health) while increasing the overall production x200% and creating market ready crops 25% earlier. These changes as Salvation Farming Solutions repertoire are now ready for Global Maize Production which accounts for more than 50% of the global staple production and in many countries a significant factor in GDP. SPEEDGRO works with local and federal governments, NGOs, Farmer organizations, and cooperative commercial organizations to find synergistic solutions.
How to create the necessary Farm Productivity change:
- Evaluate current conditions
- Involve leaders in every Farming community to think about the future
- Train the Multistakeholder participants toward eco-friendly economically viable sustainability
- Participate with the Farmers for practice changes
- Celebrate successes
- Reinvigorate the Farm communities
- Employ artificial intelligence to seek out best patterns
- Provide traceability for optimization
- Better educate all levels of society with economic rewards
- Follow Farm to Table optimization
The future of farming is dependent on reversing the negatives done in the past: by pollution, by pesticides and herbicides and by the lack of nutrient recharge. This toxic combination to the soil health and nearby inhabitants is inhibitory to production and to the well-being of nearby life with extensive costs for future productivity. These problems need to be addressed without exorbitant costs and with good adoption levels by the farmers.
What is being raised by farmers now is often greater production at an additional cost for new seed, fertilizer, pesticides and herbicides. What is also being lost in addition to money for paying for these innovations is the nutritional density of crops. Since 1960 some crops have lost 80% or more of their nutritional value due to increased CO2 in atmosphere which along with soil additives increases growth rate without concomitant nutritional density. Also, many of the micronutrients that are cofactors in the biochemistry of cellular metabolism are disenfranchised without adequate replacement. In countries where nutrition and survival are closely linked, people may be eating foods that have low nutrient value but still are starving to death because of the lack of nutrition in the food they are eating.
Many of the pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers and other soil and crop additives have man-made chemicals and chemical properties that aide in soil/chemical interactions which later create complex esterification which in-turn affects the overall soil regenerative capacity. These esters also can affect successive years of plant production and soil health.
The effluents from the farm fields are toxifying streams and residues are built up into oceanic areas in the form of new eutrophication zones being formed in many developing countries where fertilizers are now being used heavily to increase Ag production.
Low cost nature-based SPEEDGRO additives improve crop production, increase nutritional density and detoxify farms with other natural nutrients are being added to fields to improve the fertility of the soils have been tested with great success. Additionally, downstream in the future, field effluents can be seen positively as streams become less polluted and fisheries are recovering due to increased water quality and new abundances of plankton for fish fry to eat and thrive.
With implementation of new technologies there needs to be a concomitant community services program provided to the small holder farmer in terms of education, health and farm technology benefits such as phone apps for aerial/topographic analysis for cropping plans, climate maps, and weather/rainfall/leaf cover inputs that add value to the sustainability of the small holder community farmer by sharing new nature based innovative solutions with low barriers for easy adoption.
Over 15 years of research done in our laboratories and thru field trials have led to the following results:
- Increasing nutrient availability through a soil pretreatment has allowed for up to 80% decrease in fertilizer use with similar crop production.
- Use proprietary blend of soil treatments significantly decreases downstream effluents.
- Beneficial effects of soil additives can be measured to significantly improve resultant water chemistry.
- Nutritional density of crops raised with soil treatment and seed pretreatment include several fold increases in protein, vitamin and carbohydrate levels.
Soil Treatment- A liquid concentrate diluted with water and sprayed into field to be treated. Best applied immediately before rainfall after planting.
- Improves availability of moisture
- Absorbs and geologically binds toxins
- Neutralizes pH
- Adjusts alkalinity
- Reduces effects of salinity
- Aids in release of micronutrients to soil
- Improves natural microbiology of the soil
- Invites worms and other beneficial insects to the treated soil
- Aids in Drought Resistance
- Breaks apart chemical esters
- Improves Nutrient Availability
- Stabilizes Soil Chemistry
- Overall regenerative future value to treated soil health
Fertilizer Treatment - Powder mix that is blended with fertilizer. Fertilizer amount can be reduced by 80%. Fertilizer Treatment can be used alone without fertilizer to increase field productivity.
- Provides needed micronutrients not abundant in most soils to improve plant growth
- Optimizes fertilizer used to allow reduction of quantity fertilizer needed to be applied
- Promotes regenerative catalytic micronutrient process to improve soil nutrient profile with or without added fertilizer
- Can reduce Fertilizer use by 75% or more
- without Fertilizer, creates growth conditions similar to Fertilizer use
Seed Treatment - Granular nutrient mixes to be added with liquid catalysts diluted with water in 5-gallon bucket for soaking seeds overnight or Seed Powder treatment by nutrient coating seeds in bucket and then planting.
- Allocates for optimized internal cellular nutrient levels
- Improves cell organelle functions
- Helps to provide plants immune-surveillance protection from pests and disease by improving cellular metabolism, natural immunity and resistance
- Improves Protein, Vitamin and Carbohydrate content of crop
- Speeds plant growth rate
Natural Pesticide - This is a multipart liquid mix designed for particular pests to be diluted with water and applied as foliar spray.
- Sprayed using fog/micro-droplets for large scale rapid application
- Product creates an ionic pulse that disorients the insects and affects the metabolism of the pests
- Using food safe technology
- All Natural, Non-Toxic
- No Harmful Chemicals
- Designed to rapidly and effectively kill pests